Built in 1850, the historic homestead was established by Adam Ivy using the value of a single piece of gold dust earned from a local gold mine. After almost 40 years raising his family in the home, Adam Ivy sold the house to Dr. James D Nisbet. Dr. Nisbet renovated the house in 1920's and built multiple barns for the estate to operate as a diary farm until the late 1950s.